- Credit/Debit Card Payments: A terminal for making payments for annual subscriptions or bar purchases is available for use by members on request to the Bar staff.
- Membership Forms are available from the Bar staff or by e-mail request to the Hon Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Play Cricket Web Site: H&TCC is registered on the ECB’s Play Cricket web site which provides historical and up-to-date statistical information on team and individual performances of our club players - ht.play-cricket.com. New players are encouraged to sign on as individuals to the ECB’s Play-Cricket website via the club’s portal – www.play-cricket.com and use the search facility to find our club, then register.
- Facilities Hire: The club facilities are available for private functions, family celebrations, local community groups and other sports users. In order to qualify to hire the facilities, you must have been a member for at least one year. Click here for more information. Details of costs are available from members of the Social and/or Bar Committees, or the club Hon Secretary.
- Community Hire: The facilities are now available for community groups to use. Details of costs and available booking times during the working week (daytime) are available on request from the Hon Secretary. Current users include:
- U3A – Antiques, Drama, Play Reading; Pilates:
- Silver Coffee Group – hold a coffee morning once a month
- Heart & Soul – A NHS Referral exercise group
- Castle Point Joggers
- Leigh Town FC / Benfleet Villa FC
- Disability Access: The club is now disabled friendly with the installation of a Stannah Platform Lift for those who have mobility problems. There is an internal DDA compliant toilet on site, and a Public Toilet for Park users attached to the club building.
- Internet Banking: On-line payments to the club’s account for the payment of subscriptions can be made using the following information:
Bank: Lloyds Bank; Sort Code: 30-13-51; Account Number: 00136143;
Account Name: Hadleigh & Thundersley Cricket Club.
- CASC: The Club is registered with HMRC as a Community Amateur Sports Club: HMRC provides an additional 25% on every financial donation made by individual members who have signed a declaration form and who pay annual Income Tax.
- Fundraising – H&TCC is a ‘worthy cause’ on the www.easyfundraising.org web site. Retailers who have Internet shopping sites donate a percentage of what is spent by individuals back to the club. If you shop on-line, you could help generate much needed funding for the club every time you log-on and purchase items in the process. Sign up and choose H&TCC as your ‘worthy cause’.
- 100+ Club: H&TCC runs a monthly 100+ Club draw on the second Friday of each month which gives out
- 5 x £25 to winning numbers drawn out of the bag every month, throughout the year. PLUS
- 4 x quarterly prizes of £100 drawn in January, April, July, and October, as well as
- 1 x £500 in August, and
- 1 x £1000 in December for the first number out of the bag.
Membership costs £60 per annum per unique number and the membership fee is paid by Standing Order (SO) only. A SO form is available on request. Members can hold more than one unique number. The prize fund will grow in direct relation to the number of members who participate in the 100+ Club.
- Volunteering: No club can exist without the help of volunteers. There are many roles and responsibilities undertaken by volunteers in the club. If you have a particular skill or interest and would like to help develop the club for the future, please discuss this with someone on the Hon. Secretary.
- Bar Opening Hours: (may be subject to change)
- Monday evening – closed to members
- Tuesday. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evenings from 6.00pm – 11.00pm.
- Saturday afternoons (4.00pm) and early evening depending on demand.
- Sunday lunchtime 12 noon – 2.00pm or into the afternoon depending on demand.
- Weekday evenings, including Mondays from 6.00pm – 11.00pm
- Saturdays – 4.00pm – 11.00pm
- Sundays – 12 noon – 11.00pm
The Bar will not be open before the start of cricket matches,
Members must sign in Visitors on arrival.
Members should always carry their Membership Card when visiting the club and using the club’s facilities.
- Cricket Practice Sessions – April - September
- Mondays from 6.00pm – Juniors from U8 – U13
- Wednesdays from 6.00pm – Seniors
- Fridays from 6.00pm – Youths U15 – U18
- Winter nets are organised for Junior and Senior players at St Christopher’s School, Mountdale Gardens, Leigh-on-Sea. Times to be notified.The club welcomes applications for playing membership from all age groups regardless of previous experience.
- Cricket Teams
- Four senior teams play in the Shepherd Neame Essex League (SNEL);
- One senior team plays in the Essex Sunday League (ESL)
- Age group teams are run at U9, U10; U11; U13 and U15 age groups
- Junior teams play in the South Essex District Cricket League and appropriate County-wide Competitions.
- Voting Rights: ALL Members (Playing and Social) with a minimum of two years continuous membership and who are not in arrears have the right to cast votes at Annual General Meetings or Extraordinary General Meetings.
- Social members do not have the right to vote for positions that exclusively concern Cricket Club matters e.g. Chairman, President, Team Captains; Cricket Officials.
- The Annual General Meeting takes place on the first Monday evening in November.
- Club Rules are published in the annual Fixture Book or are available on request in electronic format from the Hon Secretary.
- Quarterly Newsletter: This is published every three months to keep members informed about club matters and to advertise forthcoming social events. Copies are e-mailed to members and some hard copies will be made available in the pavilion.
- If you wish to advertise your services to Club members, please supply a business card or a small advert which can be places in every quarterly newsletter. If you can offer a discount to members – all the better!
- Sponsors: The Club welcomes company sponsors to help with developing cricket and improving the club facilities. If the company you work for is interested in being associated with H&TCC, please contact the Hon Treasurer, Andy Revell, who will provide details of the various packages on offer.
We hope that you enjoy many years as a member of H&TCC and look forward to your support for club activities which take place throughout the year.
Alastair Graham Hon Secretary