Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Hire of Facilities
- The Club will only be opened by a responsible Club official, unless agreed otherwise.
- Any club officer has the right of entry at any time to the area hired.
- The date and times booked should be adhered to at all times or additional charges may be applied.
- A period of 15 minutes before and after the hire period will be made available to set up and clear away any equipment/materials required by the hirer to fulfil his/her purpose. Hirers must leave the area hired in good order at the end of the hire period.
- Should any club official that opens the club before the function or hire commences be of the opinion that it is likely to prove of an objectionable or undesirable character, they have the full power to cancel the booking, return the hire fee and the club shall not be liable to pay any compensation.
- Regular hirers must pay monthly in advance. For all other bookings, the cost of hire must be paid a minimum of two weeks in advance of the event.
- Use of Kitchen – Groups can use the kitchen, by prior agreement, to prepare their own refreshments (tea/coffee) using the club’s mugs. The kitchen must be left clean and tidy before vacating the premises. Groups will supply their own tea/coffee/milk and sugar as required.
- Damage – The hirer will be responsible for the cost of repairing any damage caused to the Club’s fixtures and fittings incurred during the time of the hire agreement. This will include the cost of a deep clean in the event that unnecessary mess is caused during the hire period.
- Conduct – The named hirer will be responsible for the proper conduct of persona using the Club during the hire period.
- Loss of Property – The Club does not accept responsibility or liability for any damage to, or loss of property of, users while they are on the premises during the hire period.
- Fire Risks – The hirer should make themselves familiar with emergency procedures in place in the event of a fire and inform a club official at the time of booking of any factor within the hire period which may involve an extra fire risk.
- Indemnity – The hirer shall supply a copy of their Public Liability Insurance Certificate and indemnify the club against all claims, demands, actions or proceedings in respect of the default or injury caused to any person which may occur whilst that person is in or on Club property or arise from an accident whilst at the premises, or in respect to any loss or damage suffered or sustained by any person.
- Facilities - The area hired, including toilets, is the only area to be used by the hirer and accepts that all other areas of the club will be either locked or declared out of bounds unless previously agreed.
- Groups – All groups working with young or vulnerable people should have their own Public Liability Insurance in place and ensure that all leaders have current DBS certification. The club accepts no liability in respect of the above and recommends that the hirer seeks appropriate advice prior to the hire period as necessary.
- Hire of Social Area - £10 per hour – Community Groups;
- Hire of Bar Staff - £10 per hour (Terms and conditions apply)
- Cancellation: The Management of the club reserves the right to cancel any booking should there be exceptional circumstances involving the membership of the club e.g. Funeral Wakes. As much notice as possible will be given to any group so affected.
Payments can be made in cash (Receipt of payment will be provided), by cheque (made payable to “H&TCC”), or Card Machine (only available during bar opening hours) or BACS/Internet Banking to- Lloyds Bank plc (Hadleigh Branch): Sort Code 30-13-51: Account No: 00136143; Account Name: Hadleigh and Thundersley Cricket Club.